'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?!

Go down

RateTodays Wisdom Message ~ Ramesh S. Balsekar

Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_lcap60%Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]
Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_lcap20%Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_lcap20%Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_lcap0%Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

om Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?!

Post by Sarveswara Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Ramesh S. Balsekar ~ Who Cares?! Ramesh10

An excerpt from the book ‘Who Cares?!’

The unique teaching of Ramesh S. Balsekar

Who Cares?!

Every month the disciple faithfully sent his Master an account of his progress.

In the first month he wrote: “I feel an expansion of consciousness and experience my oneness with the universe.” The Master glanced at the note and threw it away.

The following month, this is what he had to say: “I have finally discovered that the Divine is present in all things.” The Master seemed disappointed.

The third month the disciple’s words enthusiastically exclaimed: “The mystery of the One and the many have been revealed to my wondering gaze.” The Master shook his head and again threw the letter away.

The next letter said: “No one is born, no one lives, and no one dies, for the ego-self is not.” The Master threw his hands up in utter despair.

After that month passed by, then two, then five months - and finally a whole year without another letter. The Master thought it was time to remind his disciple of his duty to keep him informed of his spiritual progress.

Then the disciple wrote back: “Who cares?”

When the Master read those words a look of great satisfaction spread over his face.

A seeker Hearing the Teaching for the First Time

Ramesh: A seeker hearing the teaching for the first time is often stunned, even if the seeking has been going on for twenty years.

Ramesh: People are told by masters that they should fight the ego, kill the ego, but what I’m saying is to accept the ego. Is that not unique? Don’t fight the ego. Accept the ego. Why, because “you” didn’t create the ego. The Source has created the ego, and the Source is in the process of destroying the ego in some cases. That’s why your head is in the tiger’s mouth. There’s no escape. There is no escape if you fight the ego, the tiger will have its mouth open for ages and ages. You accept the ego, and the tiger will snap its jaws quickly.

Forget the Teaching

Ramesh: The teaching in many ways is unique. Usually with a teaching, it is to make a note of it, study hard, use it in practice. What I’m telling you is, forget the teaching. Let it work by itself. Very important!

[size=14]Forget the teaching because “who” wants to remember the teaching? It’s the ego that wants to remember the teaching and wants to use that teaching to achieve something. But if you forget the teaching, then the teaching leading to the understanding will work by itself. And if the teaching doesn’t lead to the understanding, then it’s not worth it. So either way, forget the teaching! It’s either effective or not effective. If it’s not effective then there’s no question. If it is effective, let it be effective!

Will the ego want to contribute to its own annihilation? No. The ego wants the teaching only to be able to use it, to achieve something – not for its own annihilation. If the teaching is forgotten the ego is forgotten, and the teaching works by itself.

Your effort is the obstruction. That’s why I say forget the teaching – don’t try to use it. Let that understanding work at whatever level.

For more information on this Master of consciousness here is a link

Ramesh S. Balsekar
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com