'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Native American ~ Quotes

Go down

Rate Today’s Wisdom Message ~ Native American ~ Quotes

Native American ~ Quotes Vote_lcap33%Native American ~ Quotes Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Native American ~ Quotes Vote_lcap67%Native American ~ Quotes Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Native American ~ Quotes Vote_lcap0%Native American ~ Quotes Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Native American ~ Quotes Vote_lcap0%Native American ~ Quotes Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

om Native American ~ Quotes

Post by Sarveswara Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Native American Sayings for Walking a Peaceful Path

Native American sayings are based on an Earth-centered philosophy. To the Native American, the Earth is mother which means we're all related. In this unassuming way, the American Indian honors all he sees as a unique expression of God. This perspective purifies the heart and protects us from spiritual arrogance.
Use the Native American quotations below to inspire a respect for nature within and without.

Native American ~ Quotes Mag311

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."
~Native American Proverb~

"That hand is not the color of your hand, but if I pierce it I shall feel pain. The blood that will follow from mine will be the same color as yours. The Great Spirit made us both."
~Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux~

"When temptations comes, I don't say, "Yes," and I don't say, "No," I say, "Later." I just keep walking the Red Road--down the middle. When you're in the middle, you don't go to either extreme. You allow both sides to exist."
~Dr. A. C. Ross~Lakota

Native American ~ Quotes Sacred11

"It does not require many words to speak the truth."
~Chief Joseph, Nez Perce~

"Our bare feet are conscious of the sympathetic touch of our ancestors as we walk over this Earth."
~Chief Seattle, Duwamish Suquamish~

"Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints."
~Chief Seattle, Duwamish Suquamish~

Native American ~ Quotes Wolfsp11

"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth."
~Chief Seattle, Suqwamish and Duwamish~

"Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, and beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a strange ... Show respect to all people and bow to no one ... "
~Tecumseh, Shawnee~

"We humans must come again to a moral comprehension of the earth and air. We must live according to the principle of a land ethic. The alternative is that we shall not live at all.
~N. Scott Momaday, Kiowa~

Native American ~ Quotes Thunde11

"Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows."
~Hunkesni (Sitting Bull), Hunkpapa Sioux~

"You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep."
~Native Proverb~

"Day and night cannot dwell together. Your religion was written on tables of stone, ours was written on our hearts."
~Chief Seattle, Duwamish-Suquamish~

Native American ~ Quotes Keeper11
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com