'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13

3 posters

Go down

Rate Today’s Wisdom Message ~The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13

The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_lcap100%The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_lcap0%The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_lcap0%The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

om The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13

Post by Sarveswara Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:06 am

The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13 04-01-12
I Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.

When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.

Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

om Re: The Holy Bible ~ I Corinthians 13:1-13

Post by Jon28 Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Truly classic........."Love is all there is"..................
Jon28
Jon28

Male
Number of posts : 119
Job/hobbies : I am a practicing dentist..i also wear the hats of poet and musician.
Humor : Everything else can wait....your search for God cannot.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Corinthians has alot of beautiful verses. I used one for my mums funeral - when I remember which one it is -I'll post it.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Found it -

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:16-15:8 King James Version Bible
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Oh that is truly beautiful... so glad you found it to share... I haven't read much of the bible, so am absolutely delighted with these beautiful words of wisdom and obvious devotion to God of the writers. It has certainly given me a reason to look into the bible for more spiritual food... it is so yummie. It appears to be filled with hidden treasures. I love you
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down