'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes about Silence ~ A mixture of Masters.

3 posters

Go down

RateTodays Wisdom Message ~ Silence

Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_lcap50%Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_lcap50%Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_lcap0%Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_lcap0%Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

om Quotes about Silence ~ A mixture of Masters.

Post by Sarveswara Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Dreamw11

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence.... We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~Mother Teresa

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub. ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Silence is the secret to sanity. ~Astrid Alauda

Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. ~Josh Billings

There are times when silence has the loudest voice. ~Leroy Brownlow

Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck

The best answer to anger is silence. ~Author Unknown

Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Silence is also speech. ~Proverb

Her hearing was keener than his, and she heard silences he was unaware of. ~D.M. Thomas

We must have reasons for speech but we need none for silence. ~Proverb

I have often lamented that we cannot close our ears with as much ease as we can our eyes. ~Richard Steele

Nowadays most men lead lives of noisy desperation. ~James Thurber

Now all my teachers are dead except silence. ~W.S. Merwin

The silence depressed me. It wasn't the silence of silence. It was my own silence. ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

Everybody should have his personal sounds to listen for - sounds that will make him exhilarated and alive or quite and calm.... One of the greatest sounds of them all - and to me it is a sound - is utter, complete silence. ~Andre Kostelanetz

All noise is waste. So cultivate quietness in your speech, in your thoughts, in your emotions. Speak habitually low. Wait for attention and then you low words will be charged with dynamite. ~Elbert Hubbard

Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. Namast10

God's poet is silence! His song is unspoken,
And yet so profound, so loud, and so far,
It fills you, it thrills you with measures unbroken,
And as soft, and as fair, and as far as a star.
~Joaquin Miller

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in an clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Silence is a fence around wisdom. ~German Proverb

Silence is as deep as eternity; speech, shallow as time. ~Thomas Carlyle

You hesitate to stab me with a word, and know not - silence is the sharper sword. ~Samuel Johnson

Silence is medication for sorrow. ~Arab Proverb

To silence another, first be silent yourself. ~Latin Proverb

Silence was never written down. ~Italian Proverb

Silence is exhilarating at first - as noise is - but there is a sweetness to silence outlasting exhilaration, akin to the sweetness of listening and the velvet of sleep. ~Edward Hoagland

Nature and silence go better together. ~Astrid Alauda

You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind. ~Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. ~Peter Minard

Silence is a text easy to misread. ~A.A. Attanasio

Quotes about Silence ~ A  mixture of Masters. We_sha10

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Silence is more musical than any song. ~Christina Rossetti

Nothing is more useful than silence. ~Menander of Athens

Silence is a sounding thing, to one who listens hungrily. ~Gwendolyn Bennett

Silence is the mother of truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli

What shall I say to you? What can I say
Better than silence is? ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The deepest rivers make least din, the silent soule doth most abound in care. ~William Alexander

True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment. ~William Penn

Silence is the true friend that never betrays. ~Confucius

An inability to stay quiet is one of the most conspicuous failings of mankind. ~Walter Bagehot

Silence is a source of great strength. ~Lao Tzu

Silence is the universal refuge, the sequel to all dull discourses and all foolish acts, a balm to our every chagrin, as welcome after satiety as after disappointment. ~Henry David Thoreau

Accustomed to the veneer of noise, to the shibboleths of promotion, public relations, and market research, society is suspicious of those who value silence. ~John Lahr

The Arctic expresses the sum of all wisdom: Silence. ~Walter Bauer

Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation... tooting, howling, screeching, booming, crashing, whistling, grinding, and trilling bolster his ego. His anxiety subsides. His inhuman void spreads monstrously like a gray vegetation. ~Jean Arp

Last edited by Sarveswara on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

om Re: Quotes about Silence ~ A mixture of Masters.

Post by Amber2008 Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:01 pm

When I think in my past I have always liked quietness and stillness, while everyone would say "Ah its too quiet here how can you stand it?" Put on the tv or the radio. Now I know why I liked the stillness and quiet.

God Bless, Amber
Amber2008
Amber2008
OM Member
OM Member

Female
Number of posts : 53
Job/hobbies : my hobby is writing poetry
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon28 Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:44 pm

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Jon28
Jon28

Male
Number of posts : 119
Job/hobbies : I am a practicing dentist..i also wear the hats of poet and musician.
Humor : Everything else can wait....your search for God cannot.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 am

Exactly right Rosebud, hug those that cannot stand the quiet are the ones who have much difficulties with self, they are so far from self and in fear of getting to know self, that the silence, the stillness becomes too loud and perfectly on queue for their stage of spiritual growth, they turn away from it.

It is the quietness, the stillness in which we find our true selves, and discover our most inner beauties. For those who are ready … the quietness, the stillness becomes a haven for relief from the frenzied outside world.

Do you see how you were led along your path, so destined to be here now, on the path of finding self and close contact with your inner God; the stillness has led you here by its mystery. It has enticed you to discover and invites you to unravel the unknown like a buried treasure.

It is the search within, the search in the stillness, not the focus on outside stimuli, that you will find all your answers, your confidence, your faith, your trust and my Dear Rosebud your beautiful divine LOVE, that which of all of these things You Are!
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 am

I love you JON hug Wink
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down