'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus?

4 posters

Go down

Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus? Empty Re: Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus?

Post by Akindra Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks for your views Amber. Have you read the Da Vinci Code? I loved it - it talks about Jesus being married and having kids - and so convincing - it just resonated with me.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus? Empty Re: Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus?

Post by Amber2008 Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi Mixsy, I believe Jesus existed.

But I believe he was more human than what the bible says he was. I believe He married, probably had children. Men in those times were obligated to marry by the time they were 13.

I believe what He taught wasn't understood so his teachings were changed.

I believe when he was 13 he left his homeland to live elsewhere and came back to his homeland around 28.

I also believe Jesus has reincarnated over the centuries.

Could be Jesus has reincarnated now. : )

This is what I feel not trying to change anyone elses view : )
Amber2008
Amber2008
OM Member
OM Member

Female
Number of posts : 53
Job/hobbies : my hobby is writing poetry
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Mystic Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:51 am

Sounds good.

Light Mystic
OM Member
OM Member

Male
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:50 am

I agree with you Light Mystic and enjoyed reading your answers.

For me it matters not if Jesus was a real person or a made up representation to create the story. The fact is that the story is real as it does exist; as does every story in the ages before, that this story mirrors. It is the story itself which is the important matter.

So whether it was a symbolic story or not, the fact that the story itself is believed by those who are destined to believe it and live their spiritual path in accordance with it is purely karmic and correct for them and there timing of evolution, as it for those who don’t.

As I continually say, there is only one TRUTH … there are many and varied paths but all lead to the same TRUTH in the ultimate outcome.

On a personal level for me … yes I believed Jesus did exist, as I think it is only through the actual experience that a story can be told with such conviction and truth. I do not however believe in any “mans” interpretation of the original ever written words be it the bible or any other documents written in all the different past and future ages. As I believe that we all as individuals will have our own understanding of such writings that are correct for our process of spiritual growth. I do think that it is important to have others views as a comparison and stimulation for our own internal beliefs to develop and become who and what we are as an individual divine being.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks LightMystic - I especially liked your comment on whether he existed - you make a good point - that the symbolism makes sense if he existed because it was meaningful to people. I was a bit stuck on this, thinking that it was heading towards meaning he didn't exist, but you have made me rethink that it definately doesn't necessarily point towards that.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking

Back to top Go down

Post by Light Mystic Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 pm

This is a big topic, but it's definately an awesome topic. I would enjoy talking about it. I'll try to go point by point:

• 1.Do you think Jesus existed?

• Probably. Did his life happen to correlate to the timeless mystic symbolism that previous religions had recognized (i.e. have 12 apostles, which relate to the 12 signs of the zodiac, etc.)? I don't know. My experience is that life will often do the symbolic things literally, but often times it's also just symbolism. Either way it's meaningful if the symbolism is appreciated in my opinion.

• 2. What does Jesus mean to you?

• He was a great saint, or a symbol of a great saint. He was a guru for his time. There's also the symbolism of the inner christ (or inner guru) that fits as well. That can be a valuable learning tool.

• 3. Do you think Christians have misunderstood Jesus?

• Yes, although it depends on the Christians of course, I'm sure there are sects that understand the symbolism and look for actual spiritual growth and understanding in the meanings of the mystic symbols.

• 4. What do you think about his miracles? eg - walking on water?
  • Who knows if they happened or not? Life is miraculous and there are many documented accounts of miracles. I've never seen anything like walking on water firsthand, but something like that would not shock me, although I would love to be able to see it. I'd say give Jesus the benefit of the doubt for now. Smile

• 5. Do you think he was a vegetarian? (assuming the bible has been mistranslated and where it mentions meat - the original meaning was actually food or nourishment?
  • I don't know. I don't see any reason he would have been a vegetarian, and I think that the scriptures might have been specific to mention that, as it was very uncommon for poeple in that area to be vegetarian. There's nothing in the Jewish faith (that he was a member of ) that says we shouldn't eat meat (just no pork or shellfish - and not mixing meat and dairy - assuming they followed those laws, which I don't know)

• 6. Do you think he was a reincarnation of anyone?
  • I think he was a reinacarnation of his pre-Enlightenment Jiva. I don't see him as an Avatar, although he was very Enlightened and very powerful. Not that it matters, he could have been an Avatar, but I don't think he was for some reason. It doesn't "feel" true.

• 7. Do you think he has been reincarnated since?

• Yes. Again, I don't know why, but it's a gut feeling.

• 8.Do you think he was an avatar or just a great prophet?

• Great prophet, but not an Avatar.

• 9. Do you think he went to India in his missing years of the bible, to study indian spiritually there?

• I think so, or something similar. He definately went off by himself to gain spiritual knowledge and crystalize whatever level of Enlightenment he needed to crystalize. Whether he was in India or some other place is interesting, but not relevant from my perspective. If he had a master would be very interesting also, but there's no way to know. Although St. John the Baptist helped him it seems.

Light Mystic
OM Member
OM Member

Male
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus? Empty Discussion Topic - What do you think about Jesus?

Post by Akindra Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Okay, here's a question from me, for discussion by everyone on OM.

If you have time, watch the "Did Jesus Really Exist" post from me - it has some videos on this topic.

So the discussion I'd like to have is based loosely on these questions:-

• Do you think Jesus existed?
  • What does Jesus mean to you?
  • Do you think Christians have misunderstood Jesus?
  • What do you think about his miracles? eg - walking on water?
  • Do you think he was a vegetarian? (assuming the bible has been mistranslated and where it mentions meat - the original meaning was actually food or nourishment?
  • Do you think he was a reincarnation of anyone?
  • Do you think he has been reincarnated since?
  • Do you think he was an avatar or just a great prophet?
  • Do you think he went to India in his missing years of the bible, to study indian spiritually there?

Of course we all have our own ideas and none are wrong or right - but I find it interesting to see what others think. Sometimes I find others philosophies resonate with me and give me a higher understanding.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down