'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 Days to Christmas - But what does it mean to you?

Go down

12 Days to Christmas - But what does it mean to you? Empty 12 Days to Christmas - But what does it mean to you?

Post by Akindra Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:04 am

This is part of a talk by Neale Donald Walsch

The Christmas celebration itself has gotten so big, so almost out of hand, that it seems that a lot of different people have a lot of different ideas about what it's all about.

One thing that I know it's not about, for me, is a doctrine or a dogma. It's about celebrating the birth of Christ, for sure, because that is a cause for celebration, but it's not about, for me, the birth of a religion or a theology.

It's about the birth of the savior, for sure, but only if the savior is born on this night.

There was a savior born, in a manger, so we are told, many, many years ago. But here is something that we have not often been told: There has been a savior born every night, and every day, and every minute somewhere on this planet, from the beginning.

That's my thought about it, anyway. And I place it before you this evening as a possible consideration, as an idea. Nothing more.

Not a dogma, not a doctrine. Just something to consider, to think about, to ponder in our hearts.

What if each of us was intended to be a savior? What if we all were? What if every time someone is born, a savior is born? The only question then would be, whether we know it or not...

There is something we are celebrating tonight, and it feels to me like it's larger than any one person or any one religion or any one spiritual doctrine.

There's a feeling that millions of people experience tonight-they experience it in common and they experience it together. And boy, I'm sorry if this sounds naïve, or even sappy, but I think that feeling can be put into one word: LOVE.

Now if Love really is what we are celebrating tonight, it will not matter what kind of package it comes in, what kind of dogma it's wrapped in, or what kind of doctrine it's flavored with. It would only matter whether it was real and true, and present, here and now-in our lives and in our world.

And there is one way to guarantee that it is. By putting it there.

It is, in the end, up to us.

Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down