'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise

5 posters

Go down

CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise Empty Re: CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise

Post by Nirmala Sekhar Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 am

Tracy Ahmadian wrote:

...to be my heart, I must be out of my mind. Smile

Thanks for that quote. It touched me. And Tracy, a dash of craziness is good for all of us Smile

Nirmala Sekhar
OM Member
OM Member

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy Ahmadian Sun May 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Thank you both for your encouragement. Yes that is the truth and the deeper I dive into the pool of love that is my heart the more Truth I find.

I look forward to diving with you.

Blessings,
Tracy

Tracy Ahmadian
OM Member
OM Member

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Tracy Ahmadian wrote: But in the moment I wanted to feel sad, I remembered something I read...to be my heart, I must be out of my mind. Smile

Just had to say how much I enjoyed that quote ... that is TRUTH! Thanks for sharing. Look forward to chatting with you oneday soon.

Eternal Love, hug
Sarveswara.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Sun May 03, 2009 1:02 pm

That's beautiful.

And don't worry - I'm sure people think I'm crazy too! heheheheheeee!

Namaste

Glenda
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy Ahmadian Sat May 02, 2009 4:51 pm

1. Whenever I share from my heart with my co-workers I connect to something that is larger than little ole me. I let go of trying to remain distant and "professional". I move out of my "head" and into my heart and let the message flow. I usually take a breath and a deep sense of trust comes over me which gives me the ability to share from my heart.

The dialogue is so sweet and fills me with purpose and wonder. The other person expresses the same back to me. I know I am living my purpose in that moment. I know I have tapped into the oneness of life. All I am really saying is, "You are loved, and accepted." Very simple dialogue, very powerful message.

I am so grateful to recognize this today. If fills me with joy.I don't believe I am any more special than anyone else. I think that is what allows me to recognize these moments. I am tapping into the love that we all are. In fact, I am humbly recognizing the power that is available to everyone. The more comfortable I become and the more often I connect invites others to do the same.

I believe tapping into our Godliness is what makes us truely who we are. It gives me joy not the separateness.

I will say this though. Last week I found out others in the office think I am a bit "crazy.". It was strange to hear it out loud really. I know others perceive me as different. But in the moment I wanted to feel sad, I remembered something I read...to be my heart, I must be out of my mind. Smile

All is well,

Tracy Ahmadian
OM Member
OM Member

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 pm

OK - should be right now!
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 am

hmmmm,....seems making them smaller made them fuzzy. Let me keep trying. Ahhhh - the challenges God gives us hey!
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise Empty shoot happens

Post by biscuit Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:39 am

s'alright. I ordered the workbook reallllly cheap (.43) on Amazon. O!! I'll pick back up on this discussion when: #1 I receive the workbook or #2 I can read it on-line in this forum. You're great Akindra! thanks so much for doing this. it's a teeny-tiny set-back. so what?!! life is eternal. we'll move on. Love. Biscuit.

biscuit
OM Member
OM Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:51 pm

I was seeing it fine yesterday, but this morning half is missing. I tried to downsize the pictures and repost - but I can't see them either at the moment. I will try a bit later on today and see what I can do about it.

Thanks for letting me know.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise Empty Excercise ....

Post by biscuit Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi Akindra
Again, thanks for posting this excercise. Did you know only "most" of the page is legible? I hate to assume what all of the excercise is asking of me. Would you mind copying it smaller, maybe then re-posting?

biscuit
OM Member
OM Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, I haven't thought of an experience when I was "larger" than myself yet - I'm sure there are many, so I hope I can remember something soon.

So for now I'll answer the questions:-

1. I think for me to consider something I'd done as special, it would probably involve making a positive difference to someone else.

2. Yes there have been many times I have positively impacted other people - nothing earth shattering, but I think even smiling at someone you don't know walking down the street makes a difference in someones day.

3. I fight with this one - I can acknowledge that I've done something good or helped someone - but I also don't like to inflate my ego either.

4. Hmmm - I don't think it makes it less special - but I think being able to do something good without expecting something back or praise is important.

5. I think God just wants us to be. I believe we are all special, no matter what we do. It's good to be able to say we have done something special - it can be inspiring to others. As long as it is not boasting or trying to boost the ego.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise Empty CWG - Concept 1 - Exercise

Post by Akindra Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Exercise

Remember a time when you were “larger” than your Self; when you did something you didn’t know you could do, or said something you didn’t know you had it in you to say.

This doesn’t have to be something earth-shattering, like saving someone’s life, or announcing the cure for cancer. It can be something as simple as solving a problem with which you or another has been beset, uttering a single sentence that suddenly makes things clear to someone who has been trapped in confusion, or coming up with a really good idea just when you needed one.

If you have had more than one such experience, pick the most striking one; the one which made the biggest impression on you. Share this now in your group – or, if you are doing this exercise alone, write this down in your Guidebook journal – answering the following questions:

What happened which “triggered” your move to a “larger space”?

What did you say or do that was “larger” than the “usual you”?

What did you feel when the experience was over?

Most people have experienced at least one such time in their life. If you cannot think of a single time in which you “showed up” larger than yourself, ask yourself the following questions, giving the group your answers, or placing them in your journal.

What would it take for me to consider something I have said or done as something very special?

Is there anything I have ever done in my life which could fall into that category?

What stops me from being able to acknowledge myself for this?

Does self-acknowledgment of something special which I have done make my having done it “less special”?

Does God want us to be special? Is it okay to say so when we are?

Further Discussion

Have you ever been walking down the street, and for no reason at all found yourself “covered with a feeling” which you could only describe as a “warning” – as if someone inside your head was shouting “look out”? And have you ever had the experience, in that moment, of looking to your left or your right, only to see a truck coming, or an object falling, or some impending danger looming?

If you have , then you have experienced God talking to you.

Have you ever taken a test, or been given a “pop quiz” or been asked a question, on something you didn’t think you knew – only to find the answer mysteriously on the tip of your tongue?

If you have, then you have experienced God talking to you.

Have you ever been deeply hurt, emotionally scarred or wounded, and cried out for an end to the pain, and found yourself in the next instant immersed in a pool of calm, peaceful serenity?

Have you ever been frightened – truly scared – and asked for protection, then to suddenly and almost magically feel impervious to harm, filled with the strength and courage to walk through any experience?

Have you ever faced an incredible dilemma, not knowing the “right” thing to do, only to find that as soon as you let go of your desperate mental struggle, the “right” course of action became immediately apparent to you?

If you have, then you have experiences God talking to you.
Perhaps you can accept that God does “talk” with us, or help us, along the way (or at least that God sends us “guardian angels” or “guides” who do so). Still, the concept of a God who speaks directly to you (much less through you) on theological matters may be a bit removed from your reality.

Yet if you can accept the former, how can you eliminate the latter? By what manner or means have you come to the determination that God will speak to you of day-to-day things, but not of theological things? Where have you gotten the idea that God suddenly shuts up when the questions get tough? Is it your thought that, while you may be worthy of a warning about a car careening around the corner, you are not worthy of being told the highest truths and the deepest secrets of the universe? And by what measure have you arrived at this assessment of your unworthiness?

Remarkably (and regrettably), many have come to it through organised religion. It is one of life’s saddest ironies that the very institutions which are intended ot bring us closer ot God often push us further away.

Perhaps the most striking paradox of many organised religions is that they ask you to believe in a God Who may be called upon at any time to help you meet life’s most difficult challenges – but Who may not be called upon to help you answer life’s most difficult questions.

Indeed, if you are asked where you come up with the answers to the difficult spiritual questions which confront you, and you should reply, “Why, I receive all of my answers directly from God, God speaks to me directly”, you might well be called a blasphemer. (That is, unless the people to whom you reveal this agree with the answers you have been “given” – in which case you may be called a prophet.)

Most religions ask you to accept their truth, not your own. In this I believe that most religions err. It has been made clear to me that in life the biggest choice you will ever make is the choice between your truth and the truth of another.

Last edited by Akindra on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down