'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary

Go down

Rate Today’s Wisdom Message ~ His Holiness Shantanand Saraswati

Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Vote_lcap0%Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Vote_lcap0%Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Empty Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary

Post by Sarveswara Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:31 am

Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary

Ramtirtha Sharing His Salary Shanta10

The perfection with which we make preparations for unity with the Absolute depends on the relationship we establish with him, so that there is a feeling of universal brotherhood. In everything, everywhere we see the Absolute. The feeling you have for your family grows to include your community, then your nation, and then the whole world: from being limited we become unlimited and the whole world becomes our family, and we have the feeling, “Everything is mine, and I belong to everybody.”

For example, there is the story of Swami Ramtirtha. He was a teacher at a college and he believed in the practice of universal brotherhood. Whatever salary or pay he earned, he tried to help everyone with it. He used to put it on the table so that anyone who needed money could take it.

His wife said, “I have prior right, why do you not put the money in my hands?” But Swami Ramtirtha replied, “It is for everybody and you are one of everybody; if you need it, you can also take it. I see God in everybody so how can I keep anything back? It is not that I am trying to help others, but because I keep seeing God!”

So in this way we can spread what we acquire to cover the whole universe. The Absolute can reveal himself in various forms; universal brotherhood just because it is universal doesn’t mean that everything becomes just the same in all cases. The Absolute takes different forms and to each form we have to adjust our attitude accordingly. If the Absolute comes in the form of a child, then we have to greet him with love; if he comes in the form of a servant, we see God in the servant but we should accept his service; if he comes as a learned man he needs respect and we have to adjust our behaviour accordingly. If we are in the world, whatever our role, fulfilling that role is service to the Absolute.

This excerpt is taken from the book “The Man Who Wanted To Meet God”. Myths and stories that explain the inexplicable. A collection of teachings from His Holiness Shantanand Saraswati.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: