'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissection of the self!

2 posters

Go down

om Dissection of the self!

Post by Sarveswara Wed May 07, 2008 6:25 am

Dissection of the self!

There are four aspects that create the self in human form …

First and foremost is Spiritual; this is the over-soul, this is the soul within and the True Self of the human, this is the ‘ONE’ and can exist without any of the other 3 aspects, and it is all that is before birth and all that is after death. This is what is classed as the spirit, or soul of the individual. Although it is not individual in the sense that this soul is the same as all souls, as it is ‘ONE’ with all other souls, it is a facet of an exquisite diamond we call “God”.

The next aspect is the Mental … this is the mind, the ego, where thoughts are processed and where dualism began. The ego/thought separates the soul from God with a veil of Maya (delusion) so that the human being can successfully fulfil the process and the purpose of searching for the Truth and becoming fully aware and conscious in a human form, of its All-encompassing Truth so as to drink the nectar of bliss from the cup of heaven of earth, as the soul/ spirit is already aware of and exists in this heaven without earth.

To have thoughts give you ability to make choices and free will, when in actual fact previous to thought was just spirit, ‘All that is’, which had no need of thought, because ‘all that is’, already ‘KNOWS’, and exists in peace and bliss which has no need for choice or free will, as it is ONE and it is already at its highest state of being, there is no need for choice.

The third aspect is Emotional; this aspect is partner of Mental, together they serve the human with experience of feelings; desire, happiness, sadness, frustration, anger, grief and so on. The soul is ONE way of being without Mental and Emotional; it is the state of gratitude, humility, love and peace combined, as Divine Bliss! It has no need for the feelings that mental and emotional create for the human in order to delude the mind and drag it into dramatic circumstances.

The last aspect is of course Physical; this is the body that houses the first three aspects. The body is separate from the soul, but the soul is not separate from the body, as it uses the body as a vehicle to move about the earth to fulfil its process and purpose of the Divine Plan, therefore the soul resides within this body. The soul is also free to exist outside of the body all at the same time because the soul is ONE with all of creation and non-creation. The soul is that which can look down upon you from within and watch and witness all that you are and do. This is bigger than the human mind can recognise, and can only be attained by vision from the soul’s perspective in its complete formless form; the process of awakening will give you glimpses of this awesome reality.

To understand how these aspects work is the process of ‘awakening’; as you become aware of each aspect and the parts they play you become also aware of the simple Truth, they are indeed just parts of a play, they are not the Truth of who you are, for although you can rightly say these are a part of you, so also you can say, I am more than these parts of me. The same way that God can say we are a part of Him, and that we are created in His likeness.

The soul, that is the over-soul of our humanness is the ONE which is in the likeness of God; it is a drop within the ocean, a grain of sand upon the earth, it is the ‘I AM’ of the ‘I AM ALL THAT IS’! It is indeed the GOD within that witnesses all that you are and do, it is the breath you breathe, and it is the tear you cry, it is the flame that ignites your passion.

The process of awakening first takes you through the process of elimination and separation, so that you can easily understand the Truth, then once the Maya (delusion) falls away, is eliminated, through this process, it brings you back into self as a whole, as 'One' with all that is! Become 'One' with the witness within, and watch as the play unfolds and you are processed into the Oneness of Truth!

Live in God, for that you are, indeed this truth!
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

om Re: Dissection of the self!

Post by Sarveswara Thu May 08, 2008 2:17 am

It seemed apprpriate to post this particular thought for the day of Swami's here ...

Date: Thursday, May 08, 2008

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

The Deha (body) is a vehicle that even gods aspire to possess. You know that gods seek to come into human form so that they could utilise the intelligence, discrimination, detachment, etc., that the human body alone is capable of exercising, to realise the Ultimate Reality, which when known makes everything else known. If only he intensifies his thirst for God, he can live in perpetual content, instead of grovelling in perpetual discontent, pining for trivial satisfactions. The Deha has to be nourished so that man can reach the Dehi, the real indweller.
-BABA
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Akindra Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi all

I got this from one of my email groups. Thought it went well with this topic.

Our mind is divided into two un-equal parts; the conscious and the subconscious. It is the former that is insecure. The sub-conscious mind is the store house of knowledge of our being; like a software program that comes pre-loaded with a computer. It is how we execute the program that will be of benefit to us. The Modus-operandi for this human super computer is revealed in the Vedas, which this Family (of human computers?) is a part of.

It is paramount that we understand the nature of the minds, and not live in confusion. The first trust-relationship is harmonized with self, yoking with the sub-conscious mind through the practice of Yoga; the journey of Self-Realization! The Yajur Veda manta 34-1: "Om...Yajagrato door mudaytidaivam tadu suptasya tatai vayti, door angamam jyoti sham jyoti rekam, tanme manaha shiv sankalpam astu" talks exactly about the nature of the two minds, one dwells in the day to day living, the other, that of the deity Shiv is in bliss, but unconscious.

I hope this will open the door to the deeper intellect within us. Please enter this abode and explore the spaces between the sub conscious and the conscious.

Om Shanti, shanti, shantih...

Pundit Sunil Dev Sanskaar Shastri.
Vedic Priest and Marriage Celebrant.
Seattle, WA
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarveswara Thu May 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Excellent ... yes this is indeed another view of the minds ... seems it is the monthly lesson, lol, as it is coming in from all over the place. This is indeed how God works, when he is leading the his Students to a lesson. The answers come in many forms, as each one of his students (who ever they be) will get it via, one way or another, he knows, who will get it from what. Its so beautiful to watch God teach all His Students, the way He does it, He is such a clever God...
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

om Another lesson for me

Post by Akindra Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 am

Ok, following on in the same topic, I have been sent another lesson on this topic - this time from Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada - I get updates from www.purebhakti.com

http://harikatha.com/listz//lt.php?id=cRgBAlANAgJICVFNVFwA

A real Disciple

Question 3: When we act out of a sense of duty, is it bhakti?
Answer: Feelings of duty, debt and so forth are functions of the mind. They are not the characteristics or constitutional nature of the soul. A sense of obligation operates on the level of the mind, intelligence and false ego, whereas bhakti functions on the level of the soul. Any activity that is not performed out of pure love is not pure bhakti. Acts that are performed with priti are alone pure bhakti. Duty is but a regulation. The characteristic nature of the soul is bhakti, and the characteristic nature of the mind is a sense of duty. Acting according to the characteristic nature of the soul is the only way to secure our real welfare.

Question 4: What does anyabhilasa mean?
Answer: “As long as I remain in this world, I will simply gratify my senses”. Such a desire separate from the desire to please Krsna is anyabhilasa.

Question 5: How can one’s false identity as the doer be dispelled?
Answer: Be lower than a blade of grass – in other words, identify yourself as a servant of the Supreme Lord. Then the conception of being the doer will not exist at all. At that time, one can chant Krsna’s holy name blissfully.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum