'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Starfish Story

2 posters

Go down

om The Starfish Story

Post by Sarveswara Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:50 am

The Starfish Story:

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said …”I made a difference for that one.”

~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~
Without individual transformation society cannot change and if society doesn't change, spirituality cannot develop. When man is defective, society too becomes defective as every individual is a part of the society.
Therefore I shall aspire to be as innocent, caring and loving as that little boy. I shall be “One” to change; simply by keeping constant thought on God and leading a Divine life rather than following a narrow pathway.
It will take just a few of us as individuals, to help change the world into a Divine Heavenly Paradise. Join with me and become “One” to help make the difference.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

om Re: The Starfish Story

Post by Akindra Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm

So true, but definately something i am guilty of sometimes - thinking I can't make a difference.

Once again, Sarveswara - thanks for the reminder.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down