'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote from Paramahansa Yogananda

2 posters

Go down

Quote from Paramahansa Yogananda Empty Quote from Paramahansa Yogananda

Post by Jon28 Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 am

Through the door of meditation, the imprisoned Soul-Bird of Omnipresence was released.

It spread its wings of joy and flew over infinite space, casting cool peace-shadows on

unhappiness-scorced beings. Then the Bird of Heaven remembered its little cage of past

habits, and folding its wings, lodged itself again behind the bars of earthliness..."
Jon28
Jon28

Male
Number of posts : 119
Job/hobbies : I am a practicing dentist..i also wear the hats of poet and musician.
Humor : Everything else can wait....your search for God cannot.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Quote from Paramahansa Yogananda Empty Re: Quote from Paramahansa Yogananda

Post by Sarveswara Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 am

Wow ... what a beautiful way to describe the awesome feeling of freedom from the body through meditation. This state of being is discribed so originallly how we are not the body, and how we can become free from it when ever we choose too.

The body is merely the cage in this case before one leaves the delusion that is the state before awareness.

Thank you Jon ... I love Paramahansa Yogananda's way of expression, no wonder you relate well with him, being the poet you are, you must have fell inlove with his words as I have, as well as yours, teehee. hug
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down