'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrender

2 posters

Go down

Surrender Empty Surrender

Post by Sarveswara Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:55 am

Surrender

The most common practice on the spiritual path is Surrender … surrender all to God is the general consensus be that it comes from the bible, or a religion or a spiritual master… they all suggest to surrender your lot to God. So what does it mean to surrender?

Why is it an important practice to participate in, this surrender? And what is it to surrender do you think?

It appears that one seems to surrender many times... I know for my own self my path has had me surrendering so many times I’ve actually lost count, and each time I surrendered I meant it totally and completely in my now, each time felt deeper and stronger than the last, and each time appeared to me to be so total that I always believed it was my final surrender.

Till it came down to surrendering to the surrender itself. It does not matter if this is the last surrender or if this is another exercise that is to be repeated again for as many times as it takes for me personally on my path; what matters is that this surrender is in my constant now and I am to hang on to it as a continual way of being.

In the beginning ‘one’, surrenders over and over again as the knowledge and understanding of the action of surrender becomes deeper and deeper as time and the learning progress strengthens the spiritual warrior through their path. And that is the perfect state of being for the spiritual warrior in that moment. As time goes on and one becomes sick of surrendering, one simply and finally stops taking back control after surrendering it.

Surrender means Acceptance of ‘all that is’, in this very ‘NOW’, and that is a continuous moment in time, so therefore “surrender” is actually a constant state of being, and not a thing to do, but a constant thing to be.
Sarveswara
Sarveswara
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 869
Job/hobbies : Spiritual Messenger
Humor : Life ... is complexly simple!
Registration date : 2007-11-30

http://spiritualmessenger.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

Surrender Empty Re: Surrender

Post by Jon28 Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Thank you for this post, Sarveswara.
Jon28
Jon28

Male
Number of posts : 119
Job/hobbies : I am a practicing dentist..i also wear the hats of poet and musician.
Humor : Everything else can wait....your search for God cannot.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down