'OM' ... Message Board & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinduism / Buddhism / God - Akindra's Diary 29/9/08

Go down

Hinduism / Buddhism / God - Akindra's Diary 29/9/08 Empty Hinduism / Buddhism / God - Akindra's Diary 29/9/08

Post by Akindra Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 am

I had an interesting day at work today. I needed to ask someone about an order I was doing and noticed a quote on his desk about awareness. He told me it came from Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth". Then we had a bit of a discussion about Conversations with God etc etc

I'm sure there's so many people out there who are turning to the new spirituality, and I am always happy to find one close, it's so easy to feel alone when embarking on a spiritual quest.

Someone else asked me about my desktop wallpaper (it's a photo of my favourite buddha statue at the Sunnataram Forest Monastry). And he said "but you're not buddhist are you?" and I explained that I don't believe in organised religion, but if I had to pick one it would be buddhist or hinduism. I think he was a little bemused because he said that buddhism is about being one with God and hinduism worships all their deity's. I said I see it as the same thing - but I could see the perplexed look in his eyes.

CwG has really cleared up all the differences in the religions for me, I've always known that they are all about the same God and just interpret things differently, but it has really made it clear as to why this is so.

Buddhism is about being God in yourself. Hinduism is about non-duality, but that the human cannot fully understand this, so they worship the different aspects of God in their deity's, which of course, is the same thing as all is God anyway. It's just rituals in the end. Look to any religions main tenants of how to live life, and they are all the same.
Akindra
Akindra
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 328
Job/hobbies : Job - Administrative Officer / Hobbies - Reading, Gardening, Yoga, Lightworking, Bushwalking
Humor : yes please! hehe
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down